Thank you so much for the congratulations! We are very excited and at now at 17 weeks! YAHOO!! The baby bump is starting to show!
Anyways – you didn’t come here for baby talk! The other day I was invited to a brunch at a friends place – I woke up late and didn’t know what to bring… originally I was going to make my favorite muffin recipe – Mom’s Muffins – but they take a bit of time to make.
So I decided to make “Flourless Oatmeal Pancakes” they are super easy to make and a great vessel for yummy sauces! I added a bit of unsweetened coconut to the above recipe.
Sorry again for the bad iPhone photo – One day I’ll take out my big camera again!
I needed a topping so I made some raspberry chia jam – Basically just boiled down frozen raspberries, added some brown sugar and let it boil for about 1/2 hour! Once I took it off the heat I added about 2 tablespoons of chia seeds – to thicken it up a bit!
For the cashew cream – I had made this before – but I didn’t love it. Just cashews and water – didn’t cut it for me – So I followed this recipe and added about a tsp of vanilla, a tsp of lemon juice and maple syrup to taste!!
Together with the raspberry chia jam and the pancakes – it was great! The kids seem to really like it to – so if you are a parent with a dairy free kiddie this might be a good addition to the family!!
And I feel like the possibilities are endless with the cashew cream! Here’s what I’m thinking…
- Flavor it with a chai tea bag – would be great on a scone!
- Strain some of the water off so that it becomes thicker – you could almost use it as a cream cheese!
- Add it to my blended veggie soup! To add to the creaminess!
- Using it like a dairy free sour cream (only adding lemon juice – no vanilla or sweetener)
- Making a fruit dip! Adding extra vanilla and pouring over strawberries!
- Using it as a base for ice cream!!
I could keep going – but you get the idea!!
Have you guys tried cashew cream before?