I know one thing I’m always on the hunt for is great snack ideas. I have a few guidelines for them too, now that I’m a busy mom of a crawling little monster – they have to be quick & healthy!
Here is my current list;
Ants on a log (can sub almond butter, sunflower seed butter, hummus?)
- my favorite – banana lemon pie
Hummus with crackers and veggies;
Great cracker recipes
- Endurance Crackers (Oh She Glows) I LOVE these!
-Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
-Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls (guest post)
Trail mix (my favorite is chocolate chips, dry roasted soy beans, craisins and matcha pumpkin seeds)
Apples or other fruit with dip
Muffins or Loaves
- MY FAVORITE Mom’s Muffins (they take some time to make but makes 45 muffins which freeze awesome!)
- Smitten Kitchen’s AMAZING zucchini bread – I’ve made this recipe many times, it’s a keeper (and it makes two glorious loaves!) I have subbed apple sauce for oil before and it worked out great!
- Smoothie Madness (includes funky monkey, Cake Batter, Green Monster, Pina Colada and Hot (Pink) Date)
- Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie (from Happy Herbavoire)
-Slice banana in 1 inch rounds sandwich with peanut/almond butter and dip in chocolate – freeze! (YES!)
- Banana Soft Serve (with bonus recipes for dairy free chocolate and caramel sauce!)
Hard Boiled Eggs
Pita, English Muffin or Tortilla Pizzas
Pudding & Yougerts
-chia pudding (step by step guide from choosing raw!)
- How to make your own dairy free yougert – super easy! (Oh She Glow’s link)
A little more sinful – Peanut butter cups, fruit and nut bark, marshmallow snowflakes and chai tea candied nuts!
Holly from My Plant Based Family (one of my new fav blogs!) says “I love hummus, Parfait's with non-dairy yogurt, avocado mousse, potatoes, frozen no bites, dry roasted edamame, fruit and nut butter...”
Do you have any other suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment here or on facebook! And as always – feel free to PIN AWAY – there is a new PIN IT button just above the title of each post!