Can you believe it’s almost Christmas? Time flies when you are having fun!! This has been a whirlwind kind of week. My husband finished his masters degree on Tuesday (YAY), I had a surprise party for him Friday, tonight is my Christmas party and the hubby’s parents are coming to stay with us for a week – so as you can imagine, life is busy (but wonderful)…
I’ve had a few emails regarding surviving over the holidays being dairy free. I highly recommend taking a look at my Dairy Free Survival Guide for ideas and also my post, Challenges of Being Dairy Free is a great one with tips for what to do where! These posts and a few more can always been found at the top of my blog under Dairy Free Resources.
Moving on – I have been terrible at taking food photos – so bear with me. I wanted to compile a list of all the things that I baked this Christmas!!
- Mama Pea’s No Bake Snowball Cookies – easy, fast and gooey! I love them, the hubby thought they were too oatmeal.
- Dandelions on the Wall’s – Allergy Free Fudge. (OMG). So good! Made two batches – one I melted some peanut butter and swirled in and the second I added super finely ground espresso beans! SOOOOOOOOo good!!
- Made a double batch of the Chocolate Love Affair Cookies!
- Oh She Glow’s Egg Nog Biscotti’s – which have become a favourite around here!
- Haven’t’ made these yet, but I may!! Of course sub the butter for either DF butter or coconut oil! Low Fat Gingerbread Cookies.
- I also made Caramel Chocolate Goodies. Super easy caramel recipe – I have used it for a few things including – turtles (caramel and chocolate covered pecans) and caramel popcorn with peanuts and peanut clusters!! Best Caramel Recipe I’ve found!
- Still on the list to make – probably for Christmas dinner - Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding!! Droooooooooooool. Funny story – before becoming dairy free and when I lived in Calgary, I often went for “dinner” at Earls, and actually only would eat a sticky toffee pudding… It was warm and drippy and had a caramel lattice on top that was crunchy and sticky – such a great combo!!
- Peanut Butter Cups – of course!! I had one of my Special Olympics girls say they were the best peanut butter cups EVERRRRRRR!! hehe
I baked 2 other kinds of cookies – a gingersnap and a banana snicker doodle - they were just ok though and I want to only give you the best of the best!!
What are you/did you bake this Christmas?