Hey guys! I’m excited to share with you a guest post from Dairy Free Chick a new to me dairy free blog!! I hope you enjoy this recipe – it sounds fantastic!!
Hi Dairy Free Betty readers! I’m Tash from Dairy Free Chick, a blog about living lactose intolerant.
Two years ago, I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance and IBS. Ever since then, I’ve been adjusting my diet to my body’s particularities and recently decided to start a blog about what I’ve learned (and cooked) so far. When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m a busy public health grad student and a part-time vaccine researcher.
I’m so grateful to Jessica for giving me the opportunity to share a recipe with you. I debated whether or not to share this brownie recipe with you because I wondered if brownies are too boring. Well, my new friends, that’s kind of a silly question because even if brownies are a dessert staple, they are anything but boring… especially these ooey gooey ones. They are extra gooey because of a brilliant mistake I made when creating this recipe: I added double the amount of chocolate chips I meant to, but can we really call that a mistake? I like to think it was my subconscious talking.
Let’s get to it!
Ooey Gooey Dark Chocolate Brownies
½ cup oil (I used canola)
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Optional add-ins: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, Heath bar or it’s relatives
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Over low heat, add chocolate chips, Baker’s chocolate, and oil and mix until melted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and sugar.
4. When the chocolate is cooled, add to the egg mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture.
7. Stir in optional add-ins.
8. Transfer to a greased 8’’x8’’ square or 9’’ round pan and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how gooey you want them).
9. Although at this time you will be dying to take a bite, these guys should probably sit for at least 10 minutes to firm up.