So a few of my fav blogs have been doing this “vegan survey”, while I am not vegan, I will just change it to dairy-free!!
1. What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went dairy free, but don’t?
Cheese! I didn’t think life would be good without it. I still miss it sometimes (FETA), but I get over it.
2. What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Hmmm… mom you could probably answer this better!! Maybe beans?
3. What dairy free or vegan food you feel like you should like, but don’t? seitan
4. What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
Water and a ton of peppermint tea
5. What dish are you famous for making or bringing to gatherings? raw deserts
6. Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
7. What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?
Sabre Hummus, so good soy ice cream & peanut butter & Co yummy flavoured PB
8. What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
Bread, there is nothing like fresh warm bread! This is just recent though!
9. What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get the good stuff?
Balsamic Vinegar =
10. Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks?
Not a huge snacker, but when I get a craving – popcorn super salty
11. What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?
Roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes
12. What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?
Asparagus and brussel sprouts. Fruit – mango or pineapple
13. What is the best salad dressing?
Oil and Balsamic
14. What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?
Earth balance with sliced tomatoes or cucumbers and salt & pepper.
15. What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
I love soup in general – anything homemade, pea soup?
16. What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor? 'I haven’t had a cupcake in ages, but probably chocolate!
17. What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Pre dairy freeness – cranberry, oatmeal and white chocolate. Now it’s truly any cookies I can eat! hehe
18. What is your most-loved weeknight meal?
Hmm… no idea. When I was single, there were a lot of smoothie and popcorn dinners
19. What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat? Mushrooms!!
20. Favorite non-dairy milk?
21. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
A sweet and sour recipe a few months ago.. so bad
22. Favorite pickled item?
mmmm… yes please… anything pickled
23. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Hmmm good question. Great bread and I don’t know what else!
24. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
The smell of mom’s muffins
25. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Butterscotch ripple – So Good Soy Ice cream
26. Most loved kitchen appliance?
27. Spice/herb you would die without?
nutritional yeast, I don’t know if that is a spice or a herb, but I’ll pretend it is!!
28. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Not a fan of jam or jelly. In Newfoundland you can get “:bake apple” jam, which is awesome… Bake apple is actually a berry!
29. Favorite dairy free recipe to serve to an dairy eating friend?
Red curry with pineapple probably!
30. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I only like tofu
31. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I like cooking in the morning, I love having soup cooking all day, so I can take lots of tastes!
32. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
bananas, minced lemongrass and shrimp
33. What’s on your grocery list?
Egg whites, mushrooms, sour dough bread
34. Favorite grocery store?
Let’s just say it’s a good thing I don’t live close to a whole foods!!
35. Name a recipe you’d love to make dairy free, but haven’t yet. Nachos!! No dairy free cheeses like me :(
36. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
As if you don’t all know this www.ohsheglows.com
37. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Hmm… I wish I could say oooy gooey caramel… I don’t really have one!
38. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I’m a student, and am broker than broke… so nothing fun, sorry
39. I have to ask… last meal, what would it be?
Nachos with cheese and veggies, with LOADS of the best quacamole ever, followed by a HUGE blizzard with a ridiculous amount of caramel and rolos!!
40. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I love there I live, but if it was somewhere extravagant, and safe – somewhere in Asia with TONS of good food!!
41. If you could meet anyone on earth, who would it be and why?
Hmmm… can’t think of anyone
42. Favorite quotes?
“Be the Change”
43. Where’s the most exciting place you’ve been?
Mexico about a million times!
44. Think about something you didn’t think you could do, but did. What was it?
Be a good student!! I am shocked at my marks right now!!
45. If Bobby Flay was your personal chef for a day, what would he make you? Well, what would you politely ask him to make you, rather?
Anything he wanted to! ha
46. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?
what a weird question… a baby hippo? haha
47. What’s something that, if you don’t do, your day feels incomplete?
Kiss my honey, read emails/blogs!
…Your turn! Copy and paste this survey to your blog with your own answers filled in, and/or answer some of your favorite questions in the comments section below.
Awwwwweeee, a baby hippo!!! How cute would that be!!!!ReplyDelete
i feel the same way about seitan - i even know non-vegetarians who like it, but it just icks me out for some reason.ReplyDelete
hi Betty-- was nice to meet you today at lunchtime... you have a great blog!ReplyDelete
Awww I love the smell of moms muffins too!!ReplyDelete
I just wanted to come and say Hello! Hope you are well doll
I just came across your blog. I'm working on cutting dairy of my diet so I can't wait to read more!ReplyDelete
I just came across your blog. I am working on cutting dairy out of my diet so I can't wait to read more.ReplyDelete