Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
You guys know me. I don’t really measure, but I tried to keep track while cooking!
Inspired once again by Oh She Glows!
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 huge handfuls of spinach
- as much fresh basil as you can handle (about 1/2 cup) + extra for garnish!
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews (I might try walnuts or almonds next time)
- garlic powder (or fresh garlic) to taste
- 1 TBSP (or more) tahini
- 3 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke
- salt and pepper to taste (lots of pepper yum)
- Pasta of choice (I used 3 handfuls for 3 smallish servings)
Blend first 8 ingredients in a food processor until almost smooth – you may need to add a bit of water, I added a little less than 1/4 cup.
Rinse artichokes and chop to desired chunky-ness!
Mix pasta, sauce and artichokes together.
Mmmmm… so tasty!! Next time I will be adding some extra sautéed veggies, it was missing some extra texture!
I am LOVING the natural sunlight right now!! I’ve been taking pictures like crazy!! Here is a photo of the flowers my friends gave me for my birthday!!
Pretty hey? I love flowers and I LOVE pink!!
What do you think? Would you give this recipe a try?