The ABCs of Food
I love these kinds of things and hopefully you do too!! I have seen this on a few blogs! Feel free to copy and paste to answer these questions yourselves!
Also – if you haven’t checked out the giveaway winners – do so now!! I may have to re-draw for 1 of them, as I haven’t heard from her yet!!
A is for Avocado: How do you like yours prepared?
- Avocados are one of my favourite things, I love it smashed up in guac, in salads, in smoothies, with agave and salt and pepper… the only avocado I haven’t enjoyed is when I had it tempura battered and deep fried (icky).
B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favourite type?
- I just love bread! I love a really good crusty bread that is hard on the outside and soft on the inside. Even better if it is still warm from the oven with some butter (Earth Balance!)
C is for Chocolate: What is your favourite kind currently?
- Chocolate is a challenge for me. I LOVE it, but I can’t have many of the kinds I used to enjoy. I would be in heaven if I could eat some MILK chocolate that melts in your mouth.
D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?
- I have never really liked donuts. I used to have one bite of sour cream donuts, but that’s all… never a fan....
E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?
- I love eggs! I have them for breakfast on mornings that I am going to be busy (aka school or work) I love having omelettes too full of veggies.
F is for Falafel: Yay or nay?
- Love falafels, although I would rather they were baked and not fried. Has anyone tried the ones from Costco?
G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?
- I get most of my groceries at the store that is super close to us. Also there is a great little store/market place that sells awesome veggies and also the health food store – many times their organic veggies are cheaper than non organic at the grocery store.
H: is for Hot Beverages: What is your favourite hot drink?
- I love hot tea! peppermint, candy cane lane (mmm) – hot tea rocks.
I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favourite flavour and add a fun topping.
- So Good’s Butterscotch Ripple. Pre- dairy free days – Rolo, hands down!.
J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavour?
- I have never been a fan. I would rather peanut butter and honey.
K is for Kashi: Name your favourite Kashi product?
- I’m not a fan of Kashi products, everyone I have tried has upset my stomach.
L is for Lunch: What was yours today?
- I haven’t had lunch yet, probably left overs from the BBQ we had this weekend.
M is for microwave: What is your favourite microwave meal/snack?
- Pappadums – usually you fry them, but the microwave works better – also popcorn in a brown paper bag. .
N is for nutrients: Do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
- Hmm… that’s a tricky one. Probably carbs!
O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?
- Coconut oil, grapeseed oil and sesame.
P is for protein: How do you get yours?
- Chicken, Eggs, Fish/Shellfish, Tofu and Veggies! (yes veggies have protein)
Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?
- Call me a bad food blogger, but I don’t fully understand (or appreciate) the oats thing. I don’t mind them, but not my favourite thing. My favourite way is making oat pancakes – which is a recipe I should probably share one day! .
R is for roasting: What is your favourite thing to roast?
- Veggies – broccoli, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, garlic.
S is for sandwich: What’s your favourite kind?
- One loaded full of veggies, hummus, avocado and fun things like sundried tomatoes and artichokes! .
T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?
- Most of the time I find travelling easy. If we are visiting people I mention in ahead of time and offer to bring something so I don’t have to inconvenience them. Most restaurants are awesome – the only major challenges so far have been sit down dinners (think wedding) or people who thing that “a little butter won’t hurt you right”!.
U is for unique: What are some of the unique foods that you like?
- Haha.. Most of the things I eat!.
V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?
- I consider Nooch a vitamin (because it’s chalked full), Vitamin D.
W is for Wiener Schnitzel: Do you ever recreate this traditional Czech food?
- Czech food? That’s Austrian (German) all the way baby!! And I’ve had it, at Oktoberfest in Austria (where part of my family is from) – never tried to recreate it though. .
X is X-RAY: If we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
- Food from the BBQ – (lots of fruit, veggies, salads, some plain chips and loads of water).
Y is for Youth: What foods remind you of your childhood?
- Mom’s Muffins
- Maggie Sauce with Mr. Noodles (my grandpa) talk about a salt overload!
Z is for Zucchini: How do you prepare it?
- How do I not prepare it would be easier. Roasted, baked, fried, bbq, raw, noodleized… I heart zucchini!
Hope you enjoyed this!! Feel free to leave your answers in the comment section – or copy and paste it for your blog!
Hopefully I’ll have some tasty foods up for you tomorrow!