Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting to know you…

Happy Saturday!!

I decided that rather than not posting on the weekend, that I would do “Get to know you” once per weekend highlighting some of my readers and their blogs!   Let me know if you would be interested in doing this!!

__________________________________-

Now introducing my very first “get to know you’ lovely lady!

Shawna from www.balancingme.com

shawna

How long have you been a reader of Dairy Free Betty and what keeps you coming back? I've been reading DFB for about 3 months now. While I'm not necessarily dairy free, your blog offers great ideas for healthy meals and snacks with an upbeat attitude, which I love!

What inspired you to start blogging? I love the whole blog community, and I think everyone is so inspirational even though we are all so very different. I love learning about new trends in cooking and health, and I love sharing the things that I know about nutrition, health and cooking with others. It keeps things fresh which helps keep me motivated.

Give us a quick bio of who you are? I'm 34 years old and I live in MA. I've been with my husband since I was 17, but we've only been married for almost 6 years. We have a 3 1/2 year old daughter, Little Miss C, who constantly keeps us on our toes, and I work from home as a Marketing Communications Manager. I'm currently completing my first round of P90X!

What are 3 foods that you always have in your house? Eggs, cheese and spinach - I get very antsy if these 3 items are not available to me.

Favourite recipe?  Ooh, I have lots, but my homemade hummus is rocks and it's a staple in my house and at any party I attend. Recipe link: http://balancingme.com/quick-and-delicious-supper/

What is your food eating style? (Whatever I see; clean; veggie; vegan; etc) As Clean as possible, but I do allow the occasional splurge. I try to eat 90% clean and relax the other 10% of the time. It's all about balance, baby!

If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life… what would it be? Cheese!!!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be and why? Green. It's always been my favorite, even when other little girls were saying purple and pink, I always said green. It just makes me think of summer and being outside, and that makes me happy. :)

If I gave you a million dollars, and I told you that you had to spend it in 1 week – what would you do with it? Easy. I'd pay off my house, and I'd buy a vacation home on the beach in Cape Cod, home of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And not to be too selfish, but if there was any left, I'd give some to family and donate the rest to our war veterans.

If you could have one super hero quality – what would it be, and why? Speed! There's not enough time in the day to get everything done, so I need a little help picking up the pace.

If you were having a “themed” dinner party – what would be the theme, and what would you cook? I've actually had a 70's party! I love the 70's; I'm such a hippie at heart. We had everyone dress in 70's clothing, lava lamps, bead curtains and disco balls, but we didn't really have much in the way of 70's foods. I guess if I were to do it again, we'd have some granola? I don't really know what they ate in the 70's LOL! It was probably better food than the stuff the typical American family eats today, though

___________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed! Thank you Shawna for being my first victim!!! 

Please send me a message if you would like to do this in the future!!  You don’t have to have a blog either!!

Have a great weekend!

Jess

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! This is such a clever idea, I love it! What a great way to learn about other bloggers, I can't wait to see who else you profile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this is so cute! i'd love to do something like this, i'm always a sucker for filling out questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! I love getting to know other bloggers, and I'm totally interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I would love to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for having me! It was fun answering the questions and sharing with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome idea! I would love to do this!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! I love that you are always so brilliant with your blog ideas ;)

    Love getting to know people :)

    Have a great evening!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support! I love comments!

Another option is to leave a comment here! http://www.facebook.com/dairy.free.betty

Have a great day!

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails